Q&A with math teacher Christopher Gallick 

Olivia Brady and Jorge Orellana

Q: What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A: When I was growing up, I didn’t want to be anything in particular, in terms of profession. However, I was interested in math and science. I just picked a direction, a very general direction, and I kept going in it, in math and physics especially. I ended up being a teacher because it allowed me to stay in tune with math and physics.

Q: What’s your favorite movie and why?
A: My favorite movie would probably be “The Shawshank Redemption,” starring Morgan Freeman. Freeman is my favorite actor. I think it’s a very telling story of corruption and redemption, and I enjoy a good ending.

Q: What advice would you give to your high school self?
A: The advice I would give to my high school self would be to probably get a head start on applying to colleges, and take care of student loan applications and things like that. And not putting it off to the last minute, which I had a tendency to do in high school. To be proactive in that nature, definitely, would be my advice for my younger self.

Q: What’s your favorite book and why?
A: I’ve got several good books. I’m more of a realist; I’m not too into fiction, so I’ve read some good books about the potential for colonization on planets like Mars and even the moon. Anyway, I would classify anything space-related as my favorite book.

Q: What’s your guilty pleasure?
A: My guilty pleasure is some good fried chicken. A bucket of really good fried chicken – and you have to get some cornbread in there.