Teacher Meg Miniello forces guests at her wedding to twerk for food

Miniello
Meg Miniello teaches Intro to Art, Photography, and Video Production. She got married in August.

Q: What did you want to be growing up?

A: I wanted to be a doctor just because I wanted to help people and use my knowledge of medicine. As I grew older, I decided I liked art more; I love making art because it’s a way for me to be creative and use my intuitions to solve problems visually.

Q: What high school did you go to?

A: I went to AdolfoCamarilloHigh School in Southern California.

Q: What were you involved in?

A: In high school, I was involved in the volleyball team and track. I wasn’t really a sporty person, but I was a social person. I only played sports to talk and be with my friends. I was also the art editor of the literary magazine. I worked on the ASPB (Associated Students Program Board) when I was in college at UCSB. I organized concerts at school, made posters, and met and paid famous artists to perform at school. A few of those artists were The Killers, e-40, Ben Kweller, Mickey Avalon, Method Man, T.I., The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Mystic Roots, Rebelution and Iration.

Q: What advice would you give to your high school self?

A: Wear more clothes – just kidding! I wish I could have focused on school more and stayed out of trouble. I had good grades but I could’ve taken more honors and AP classes. I didn’t do much and I wish I had pushed myself more

Q: How do you want your students to view you?

A: I want them to see me as someone they could turn to and learn from; someone they can trust. I want them to see me as kind, knowledgeable and an inspiration. My advice to my students is to be the kindest person you can be. It will take you further than any skill and will give you more out of life. Also, enjoy every day and always challenge yourself.

Q: Anything else?

A: I just got married in August in Ventura, California on the harbor. My husband and I met in Long Beach and then were long distance while I received my teaching credential and he his medic license. He is from the EastBay, which is how we ended up in the Bay Area. Our wedding was absolutely a perfect night of family, friends and lots of dancing. Our guests had to dougie, twist, shuffle and twerk for their food.