REVIEW: Noah Kahan and Gracie Abrams’ newly released duet “Everywhere, Everything” is everywhere, and it is everything

In their newly released duet “Everywhere, Everything” Noah Kahan and Gracie Abram explore happiness and love.
Courtesy of Google Images

More than a year after its original release, Noah Kahan has turned his song “Everywhere, Everything” into a duet featuring Gracie Abrams. Many would agree that Abrams’ voice only furthers the depth of the soul to soul message in this song.

Over the past six months, Kahan has released four other reimagined duets from his album “Stick Season,” featuring artists Post Malone, Hozier, Lizzy McAlpine and Kacey Musgraves. Many online have commented that Kahan is collecting featuring artists like infinity stones.

Abrams has been growing in popularity after being one of the many opening artists for Taylor Swift’s Era’s Tour. She is most known for her melancholy music that often has messages of self-awareness, heartbreak and love.

Listeners may even mistake “Everywhere, Everything” as a song written by both Kahan and Abrams since it is the perfect folk song that Abrams’ voice flawlessly compliments.

The lyrics of “Everywhere, Everything” bring both happiness and sadness about overwhelming love that would live on past the grave, transcending simple cliches of love, becoming an anthem of eternal devotion. The subjects of the song are so devoted to each other that they do not realize the world is ending around them. Even so, they know their story is not done being written.

“We didn’t know that the sun was collapsing / ‘Til the seas rose and the buildings came crashing,” Kahan and Abrams sing. “I wanna love you / ‘Til we’re food for the worms to eat / ‘Til our fingers decompose, keep my hands in yours.”

The two artists have shared appreciation for each other through many social media platforms.

“Gracie puts her whole heart into every song she writes and note she sings, and I found myself completely swept into her world the first time I heard her,” Kahan posted in a Tweet after the release.

“Everywhere, Everything” is available streaming on all platforms now and is the greatest of Kahan’s series of rereleased duets.