Second season of “Stranger Things” is set to release this Friday

The hit Netflix series “Stranger Things” (2016) has blown up the world. With a 95% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, the first season of the series, premiered August of last year, has left its viewers shaking with anticipation of the new season, coming out this Friday.

The first season of the show follows the search for a missing boy in the fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana during the mid-80’s.  The boy’s friends search for him, along with help from supernatural creatures and a psychokinetic girl, Eleven, played by child star Millie Bobby Brown.

Season two is set a year after the first, when the gang of boys and their new friend Eleven attempt to return the town to normal.

At first I just watched it with my friends, but then I just kept rewatching it because it just hooks you in,” freshman Vivian Tran said.

In an interview for Vulture.com, a popular culture site, Matt and Ross Duffer, the creators of the show, said they wanted to create “a mix of horror and adventure that starred a bunch of adorable preteen kids, but also a terrifying monster.”

Many fans of the show believe the storyline and characters are engaging on an emotional level.

“You cared for the characters, you didn’t want them to die,” sophomore Max Pearl said.

The Stranger Things fans of SCHS were devastated at the end of season one and are eager for the new season.

“I was upset [when it ended], because you just want more,” sophomore Avionna Ibarra said.

“I was really confused and really interested in the story-line…. I didn’t want it to stop. I wanted more. I was ‘shook,’” Pearl said.

Many students on campus are waiting with excitement for the new season. “Being left in suspense is just like, I’m clenching my fists right now,” Tran said.

“I’m excited to see what they are going to do next,” said junior Natalie DeSousa. “They ended season one on a cliffhanger so the possibilities are endless for what might happen.”

Freshman Gabe Valdez has a plan for the fateful day of Oct. 27.  “First I’m going  to watch season 1…. Then, I’m going to look up theories…. And then I’m going to start watching season 2.”